Monday, March 1, 2010

March 1, 2010

My long awaited, non-English speaking, never had his teeth cleaned patient didn't show up. I had my brother call to remind him of his appointment and he said he couldn't come! I spent last night and this morning trying to find someone to come in. I was unsuccessful but was able to schedule 2 future appointments. My mom had to end up coming and finished her cleaning from when she was my first patient. I think I learned something new...if I have had bad patients for a while and then a clean one, I need to be a LOT more gentle. I kept catching myself digging in way to hard into her shallow pockets. Good thing she is my mom and she will forgive me. I also learned about the different effects of the different prescription mouthwashes and the locally applied antibiotics. Cool stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment